- Buttermilk: This delicious food with thick consistency goes well with any kind of food. It is relished by the family members after savoring the spicy food. When you take a cup of buttermilk, you consume 30 calories per glass.
- Ragi Dosa: It is a popular South Indian dish. This delicious food is made from Ragi. Despite this, it is one of the best delicacies among dosa varieties available in South India. You consume energy of 87 calories when you eat one dosa.
- Oats Idli: Everyone agrees that idlies are a great way to begin a day. This South Indian delicacy that can be had with sambar and chutney. Instead of rice flour, you can use oats to prepare the batter. This is the healthiest way to eat breakfast to begin a day. You consume 26 calories by having one idli.
- Sprouts Salad: Sprouts are good for the body. To a dish of sprout, add a dash of lime and a pinch of spice to make it palatable. If you consume 100 grams of sprout salad, you ingest 93 calories of energy.
- Mixed Vegetable Curries: You can never go wrong with the mixed vegetable curry. It has to be prepared in one teaspoon oil with a slight heat from low flame. While ingesting 100 grams of mixed vegetable curry, you are using 95 calories of energy stored in it.
- Tandoori Rotti:This is prepared from whole wheat, which is less in Gluten content. After putting the right quantity of dough into the shape of a circle, it is baked in a clay oven that is common in Indian household. This method of preparation gives a distinguished taste to the rotti. Common folks regard this as the healthiest accompaniment for Indian curries. For the each tandoori rotti consumed, a person gets 102 calories of energy.
- Palak Paneer:Palak or spinach is the known source of rich iron. On the other hand, paneer is a healthy dairy product. Hence, the combination of these two has always been the most sought after among non-vegetarians and vegetarians. One bowl full of palak paneer provides about 189 calories of energy to a person.
- Rasam: This favorite South Indian dish infuses a heady cocktail of different spices. Hence, its flavor is quite different from other Indian recipes.Its combination with some chopped-in vegetables forms a stupendous dish for the vegetarians in South India, especially in the states of Tamil Nadu, Telangana, Andhra Pradesh and Kerala. A small bowl of rasam can provide 60 calories of energy..
Article Source: https://EzineArticles.com/expert/Balakrishnan_Lekshminarayanan/2307078